Flightradar24 is an app which lets you track inbound and outbound flights, but with a twist.? Instead of just telling you status and arrival/departure times, the app lets you look up into the sky and see which planes are flying overhead and were they are heading.
The app turns your Windows Phone into an air traffic radar and lets you see airplane traffic around the world in real-time.
The app features:
- Planes moving in real-time
- Comprehensive information for each individual plane, including route, speed, altitude and more
- Search for a specific flight
- Filter by airline, altitude, speed and more
- Cockpit View ? Jump on board
- Augmented Reality View ? identify the planes flying overhead by simply pointing your phone?s camera to the sky
The last two features are particularly interesting.? Using the Augmented Reality feature one can easily identify planes flying overhead just by pointing your phone at them, but the cockpit view, in the screen shot above, allows one to jump into the airplane and see what the pilot is seeing, based on data from the flight and 3D rendered maps. This feature has arrived on Windows Phone before any other platform. Users are also able to purchase via in-app purchases models which turn planes from generic planes to the actual make and model.
The app is obviously a must-have for plane spotters, costs $2.99 without a free trial, and can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.